“What shots do I need if I am preparing to travel to….?” This is the most common question we hear from travelers.
The best way to determine what may be required or recommended is to go to the CDC website: wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel, under the “For Travelers” tab scroll and find the country you are to travel , select the boxes for what kind of traveler you are, and click “go”. This will pull up your page, then click “show” for vaccines and medications.
No matter where you are traveling, you should know that you will be exposed to certain organisms that could make you severely ill; perhaps even kill you. As a new or experienced international traveler you should be educated about the environment you’ll be visiting.
Ideally, you should vaccinate at least 4-6 weeks prior to your departure date. However, we will always accommodate last minute travelers.
We administer the following travel vaccinations:
- Typhoid (please call for availability)
- Yellow Fever (please call for availability must receive 10 days prior to destination arrival)
- Japanese Encephalitis (2 shot series -please call for availability)
- Hepatitis A (2 shot series)
- Rabies (please call for availability)
- for additional required routine immunizations (see our “Routine Immunizations” tab for more information and schedules)
* We do not have malaria medication available, however upon request we can call in a prescription to you pharmacy for NO additional fee if a vaccine is obtained or for $20 if no other services.